Friday, July 21, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY REV GALS & PALS!


In honor of one year of blogging sisterhood, with brothers included , here is the Anniversary Edition of the Friday Five!

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
Reading St. Casserole's blog accounts of her life after Katrina. I had just returned from a life-altering trip to the formerly beautiful town of Waveland, Mississippi (mostly wiped off the map), and St. C.'s accounts kept me reminded to pray and pray some more, and that the aftermath is far from over, even now.

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?

No, but Cheesehead in Paradise is in commuting distance, so there is hope!

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.

Where to begin? There are so many. Off the top of my head: Rev. Abi, Songbird, Lorna of See-Through Faith, Journey Mama (new, but I already know I'd love her), LutheranChik, Quotidian Grace, Cheesehead, Rachel, Mary Beth, net, and my long-time cyber buddy and "sister" Psalmist. I'll stop now, but there are many more.

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life?

A renewed realization that all kinds of people call Jesus Christ the Lord of their lives. Awareness that we pastors seem to struggle with some of the same kinds of things, which helps keep things in perspective. Laughter. Tears. Prayers. Sermon ideas. A BOOK with my words in it!

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.

A RevGals/Pals in-person party. See question #3.

4 comments:

Psalmist said...

Thanks, Singing Owl! I listed you, too. We WILL meet, this side of heaven, please God! (((megahugs)))

Anonymous said...

oh yes (((more hugs)) and lots of prayers too. I'm so blessed with this sisterhood

and oh isn't it difficult to remember where to put all those pesky < and other signs! grr and laughing at the same time. Funny combo really!

Unknown said...

Thanks for celebrating with us today, S.O.

St. Casserole said...

Happy to know you through your blog and the RGBP! I hope we meet at the Giant Meet-up and Spa Retreat!