Monday, July 03, 2006

The Sad Little Cat

This is our little cat a few months ago. She is a really sweet and cute little "tortie." The news from the vet was not good--a steroid Rx just made the sores worse. She has a horrible one on the top of her head and down almost to her neck. It looks really nasty. The next step is a biopsy, which will be done as soon as we get back from vacation. And of course, at some point it must be decided just how much money should be spent on a cat. The cat is one thing...my elderly mother, who LOVES this little kitty, is another. She is also very concerned about what she will do with "Patches" if she gets worse while we are gone. And folks, I need this vacation pretty badly.Prayer appreciated, if you don't have a problem praying for a little cat...and us too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote Meat Loaf (the singer, not the delicious dinner. I may be crazy, but I eat food, I don't talk to it)
"Oh I can do that"
Prayers for all your family and you, coming up.

Nightmare

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little cat. She's just like my Christie- only slightly longer fur. I'll pray for her.

Anonymous said...

Oh no... I'm catching up on you and see that you've had your hands full! I'm hoping your vacation goes well and the poor kitty will be better.

I was facing a situation pretty much like you just a couple of weeks ago, when my older dog became seriously ill and I was heading a four-day business trip out of the country. My trip is over and now the dog is much better, but still with a lot of question marks - and only three months after we lost one very dear dog.

Hang in there, friend. After all, we are in good hands. And He knows very well how dear our pets are for us, too.

Carolanne said...

Praying that you'll get to enjoy your badly needed vacation!

Psalmist said...

I'm still praying for you, dear sister. And I have such a soft spot in my heart for kitties...yours is indeed a little darling. May God work everything out with/for you all.

LoieJ said...

I took my 18 year old cat to the vet last November because I knew she wasn't well. The vet did tests, gave her shots, and said she had a week to a month to live. I needed to do that for ME, to get used to the idea that the cat was dying, even though I knew in my heart that she was failing. My husband said, "$100 for a dying cat?!"

Well, she is still alive. But she doesn't do much at that age.