Songbird offers this week's Friday Five, which is about dates. Thanks for covering my backside, SB!
Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!
1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I like the paper variety that I can take with me, but due to some recent mix-ups, I think I am about to start using the computer as well.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
Ummm....ahem...today. I was on for the Friday Five. I owe Songbird!
3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
A few weeks ago. We went to the movies and out for dinner...how original, eh?
4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
Oh man, I have a whole jewelry box of things I refuse to part with. Dated, schmated!
5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
Bleeeech! Hate them. Sticky, way too sweet, bad taste, yucky skin. That's my opinion. Years ago I went to the Date Festival in Indio, California with one of my sisters. I don't know if they still do it, but it was an annual thing for Indio (a hot dessert town) and was lots of fun. We watching ostrich races, a wonderful Arabian Nights pageant, eyed camels and gazed at absolutely amazing sculptures made entirely of dates. But eat them, no way!