Monday, January 19, 2009

Week of Prayer - Monday

Monday: Pray for God’s Will to Be Done in Your Life

Psalm 31:3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name may you lead and guide me.

“Therefore, whether the desire for prayer is on you or not, get to your closet at the set time; shut yourself in with God; wait upon Him; seek His face; realize He is there, and pray.” R. F. Horton

Lord God, I pray with the psalmist today that you will lead and guide us. There are many of us who are unclear about our next steps, or just what you would have us do, or who need renewed clarity and passion for the path we are on...Presbyterian Gal, Kievas, Sista Cala, Gayle, and others. I pray that each of us will be reminded that you are our protection in an uncertain time. We want to be a blessing to others in this world and we ask guidance not only for our own sake but for the sake of those around us. May we we bring glory to your name. And help us to pray with consistency, even when we do not feel like doing so. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray for it, yet sometimes I'm not sure that I *really* want God's will to be done in my life.

Anonymous said...

help us to pray with consistency, even when we do not feel like doing so. Amen

Amen indeed.