Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thankfulness 2010 Water

Psalm 65:8-10
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;
where morning dawns, where evening fades,
you call forth songs of joy.
You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water
to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.
You drench its furrows and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers and bless its crops.

We are currently experiencing problems with our hot water heater. A day or so ago I was feeling irritable because I came in from leaf raking looking forward to a long, hot shower and such was not to be. How fortunate am I to expect that when I turn on a tap I can have instant water? Not only instant water, but HOT water? According to one report, 884 million people lack access to safe water supplies; this is approximately one in eight people. Some put the number even higher.

I am thankful for an abundant and clean water supply.

Want to help someone who is not so fortunate? Here is one way.

No comments: