Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lenten Prayer #1 For a Lasting Awakening

I've been wanting to get back to my neglected little blog for some time.  Now seems like a good time.  Later, I will post a bit of personal stuff, but for now I'm beginning with prayers leading up to Easter.

Our church is using a prayer guide from Waymakers during these days of Lent. I'll be posting a few excerpts from the booklet, along with (sometimes) thoughts and prayers of my own.  I just wanted to give credit to the authors, and to the prayer guide called "Seek God for the CIty 2012."


We'll begin with prayer for a lasting awakening.

Will you not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in you?  Show us your unfailing love, O LORD...I will listen to what God the LORD will say; God promises peace to the people...the saints...but let them not return to folly.  Surely, the salvation of God is near...that...glory may dwell in the land.  Psalm 85:6-9

...Go on before the Lord to prepare His ways, to give to the people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the Sunrise from on high will visit us...  Luke 1:76-78

In time past You have surprised Your people by bringing Your presence upon them in vast heavenly might.  You have come upon Your people as if the sun was descending from the sky and touching the earth.  Bring the early dawning rays of your tender mercies.  Expose the hidden sins which you are so eager to forgive!  Get us ready for days of great change.  Amen

No comments: