Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lenten Prayer #19: For Devastated Cities to Be Restored



Isaiah 61:1,4
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners...
They will renew the ruined cities that have been
devastated for generations.

Luke 4:43 He said to them, "I must preach the Kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."


We pray that the purpose for which Jesus Christ cam will still be fulfilled in our day.  Our neighborhoods are just one small part of your infinite purpose!  Do not overlook a single town or village, ghetto or barrio, neighborhood or network throughout the land.  May the love of your kingdom be displayed and declared everywhere.  Amen

No comments: